Arris by Bosa
4 St SE & 6 Ave SE, Calgary | AB T2G 1E5
Welcome to the Arris EV Charging information page. This page provides information on the Strata Policies, charging fees, installation requests, and activation procedures for residents of Arris by Bosa
Key Contact Information
Building Manager - Nataliya Fitsko, NFitsko@thinkbosa.com
Property Manager - Bosa, 237 8 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 5C3, Nataliya Fitsko, NFitsko@thinkbosa.com
Unico Power Support -
A: Use app.unicopower.com and select type of support required using the buttons on the bottom of the home screen.
B: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not already have an account.
C: Go to www.unicopower.com and choose "support" menu.
EV Charging Fees: Your EV charging fees have two components, the system management and service fees that are paid to Unico Power and the electricity usage fees that are paid to the Strata.
The Unico Power management and billing fees for your EV charger are $19.95 monthly and include all support, management, billing, and administration for the system.
Arris by Bosa has selected a variable Rate billing plan that bills owners based on the amount of charging they do on a monthly basis. The variable rate is set based on a fee of 15 cents per estimated kilowatt hour.
Owners will be billed monthly by Unico Power (for both the Unico Power Fees and the Building Fees) and billing is set up when you activate your charging account. There are no fees when the EV charger is not activated.
Steps to get an EVSE installed in your Private Stall:
1. Contact your building's management (Nataliya Fitsko, NFitsko@thinkbosa.com) discuss the need to sign an indemnity agreement. An indemnity agreement is a contract between an indemnitee (Strata/Condo Board) and an indemnifier (EV Charging User) of liability regarding a certain activity, in this case, EV Charging.
2. Complete, Sign, and deliver the required indemnity agreement to the building manager or property manager (contact information is located the top of this page).
3. Your building manager will contact an electrical contractor to set up an installation.
4. The Electrical Contractor will provide you with an estimated cost for the installation. Once the agreement is signed between you and the electrical contractor, the installation can proceed.
5. The contractor should notify the building manager and Unico Power of the proposed installation date.
6. Once the contractor has completed the installation and any necessary inspections are approved, they should notify Unico Power. If this has not occurred, you will be unable to activate your EV charger. You can contact Unico Power directly via email at email@example.com and let them know your building, your electrical contractor, your parking stall, and the Serial number of your charger (see the steps on how to activate your EV charger for the location of the unit serial number).
7. Proceed to "Steps to Activate an account to use your Private Stall EV Charger" listed below.