1151 Residences (EPS2884)
1151 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC | V6E 4E6
Welcome to the 1151 Residences at Paradox EV Charging information page. This page provides information on the Strata Policies, charging fees, installation requests, and activation procedures for residents of 1151 Residences at Paradox (EPS2884)
Key Contact Information
Building Manager - Selvin Villatoro, Selvin@1151residences.ca
Property Manager - AWM Alliance,
958 W 8th Ave #401, Vancouver | BC V5Z 1E5
Shawn Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Unico Power Support -
A: Use app.unicopower.com and select type of support required using the buttons on the bottom of the home screen.
B: Send an email to email@example.com if you do not already have an account.
C: Go to www.unicopower.com and choose "support" menu.
EV Charging Fees: Your EV charging fees have two components. The system and account management fees paid to Unico Power are $19.95 + GST + PST. The strata has chosen to recover electrical costs with a flat monthly fee of $50.00 + GST. All fees are prorated and collected by Unico Power the following month.
Steps to get an EVSE installed in your Private Stall:
1. Contact your building's strata (Selvin Villatoro, Selvin@1151residences.ca) to discuss the need to sign an indemnity agreement. An indemnity agreement is a contract between an indemnitee (Strata/Condo Board) and an indemnifier (EV Charging User) of liability regarding a certain activity, in this case, EV Charging.
2. Complete, Sign, and deliver the required indemnity agreement to the building manager or property manager (contact information is located the top of this page).
3. Visit your electrical installer's (Stream Energy) webpage at https://www.streamcharging.com/sites/eps2884-1151-residences This webpage explains the installation process and contains instructions to sign up and schedule a time.
4. The Electrical Contractor will provide you with an estimated cost for the installation. Once the agreement is signed between you and the electrical contractor, the installation can proceed.
5. The contractor should notify the building manager and Unico Power of the proposed installation date.
6. Once the contractor has completed the installation and any necessary inspections are approved, they should notify Unico Power. If this has not occurred, you will be unable to activate your EV charger. You can contact Unico Power directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know your building, your electrical contractor, your parking stall, and the Serial number of your charger (see the steps on how to activate your EV charger for the location of the unit serial number).
7. Proceed to "Steps to Activate an account to use your Private Stall EV Charger".